We are delighted to announce that we will be reopening our doors for in-person acupuncture visits starting Thursday, June 4th. Acupuncture is now considered an essential service in New York state. We will continue to offer our menu of virtual services along with the addition of in-clinic acupuncture so you have various options to receive excellent care.
We will begin with limited hours. In-person appointments with Suzanne are on Wednesdays, with Sharon are on Thursdays and with Susan are on Fridays. Hours will be extended as time goes on. Virtual consultations are available throughout the week.
We have put a lot of consideration into how to create a safe experience for our patients and practitioners and have instituted enhanced safety, screening, and cleaning procedures. Below is a list of what you can expect with our new clinical policies. While the approach may look different, the warm, reliable care will be the same.
We so look forward to reconnecting with you and helping you to realign and heal in the ways that only acupuncture and (safe) human contact can do.
Enhanced Covid-19 Safety Guidelines
New Clinic Policies and Cleaning Procedures
- The clinic will adhere to strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols between each patient encounter. The common space will also be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- Carpets, fabrics and other porous materials have been removed from the office space.
- Patient appointments will be limited and staggered so that our strict cleaning procedures can be followed between appointments, and so that patients will not have to share hallways and other common spaces.
- The waiting room will no longer be used. Instead, the clinic door will be opened for patients upon arrival and they will be ushered directly into their treatment room.
- Practitioners will have their temperature taken and be asked to sign a health declaration each day.
- Practitioners will wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) including masks, gloves and scrubs.
- Practitioners will wash or sanitize their hands between each patient contact and regularly throughout the day.
- We ask that each patient have a credit card on file so that we can conduct contactless payment. All herbal sales will be bagged and ready for you upon departure.
What You Need to Know Before Coming In
- You will be asked to fill out a virtual health declaration before arrival, have your temperature taken with a contactless thermometer, wear a mask, and sanitize your hands before entering the clinic.
- We ask that you arrive promptly at your scheduled time as appointments are staggered in order to minimize interactions with others in the hallways and common spaces.
- We ask that you come alone or else have prior authorization to come with a guest in order to maintain social distancing.
- We recommend you wear loose-fitting clothing so as to minimize undressing and ask that you bring an extra shirt or covering to use as draping. Single-use thermal space blankets will be available for purchase for personal use.
- If you are a new patient, haven’t been in for a while, or want to discuss your case in more detail, the interview portion of the appointment will be done remotely via phone or video chat prior to the scheduled appointment in order to minimize the time in the clinic. Your practitioner will schedule this with you prior to your appointment.
- If you or someone you are in close contact with exhibit flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, or has traveled within the last 14 days, we kindly ask that you change your appointment to a virtual herbal or wellness consultation or reschedule for another time without any cancellation fee. If you have tested positive for Covid-19, we ask that you wait 14 days to come in or receive a negative test. We will still be able to care for you remotely.